Oh, my, it has been over a month and many, many Psalms since I have posted.
I have not been writing but the Psalms have been my companion as I have waded thru the many tasks and emotions of having our minister leave.
Yesterday was the "Going To" luncheon and I had such fun preparing the fellowship hall and food for the celebration for the Nace Family.
Such mixed emotions. Sad for me - happy for them. Reading the Psalms makes it very clear that there are no new emotions on earth. Praising God. Singing His Praises. Wailing and imploring Him to listen to our call. WOW. The saying is God works in mysterious ways and I would have to say that having the congregatioin reading the Psalms together during this time is an example of that.
SO, one of yesterdays Psalms was 145. The verse that struck me is verse number 18
The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.
Such a reassurance as we face the next chapter at St. John's.
We are almost finished with the Psalms. Four to go. Then we will be headed into the Proverbs.
Verses on wisdom, and folly. I believe that the Lord has a plan for us. I pray that we will follow his plan with Wisdom and avoid Folly.
I had not intended to continue to blog thru the Proverbs ( though I HAD intended to post more often during the Psalms. )
If you are interested in continuing - please email me at bkipp@frontiernet.net and let me know.
I surely will if there is interest.
Yours in Christ, beverly kipp
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment