Monday, February 8, 2010

Psalm75 and 76

Good morning. Todays Psalms are tough for me. They speak to things in ways I don't really get.
I am so used to turning to the Psalms that are familiear that they almost feel personal. So, as I have come across the more abstract I find myself wishing I had Pastor Ryan setting up the context like he does for the sermons.
I have started reading the Psalm first in my tattered and torn familiar Bible and then turning to a study Bible to make the lesson more accessible.
If you don't have a study bible - talk to us at church and we can help you choose one or borrow one. If you are interested in a more in depth study - John Roberts is addressing the Psalms in hie Tuesday morning Bible Study. Join in. You don't have to go every week to participate - just join them when you can.

What has been your favorite Psalm so far?? what do you keep going back to? What ones have you memorized? let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment