2010 brings the second year of reading the Old Testament together at St. Johns and we are blessed with beginning the new year with the Psalms.
Each night I will post the next days readings. Once or twice a week I will post a reflection.
I am hoping that many of you will post as well.
My comments so far.
Read at least one of the Psalms when you first get up in the morning. Before the computer. Before the news.
Read the morning Psalm aloud.
Scatter the other Psalms throughout the day.
It is easy to google an online Bible to read one or two from your desk during your work day.
Read a few days in one version of the Bible and then switch to another version.
I will post tonight for tomorrow.
Blessed reading and may God open our hearts to his many messages through His Word.
beverly kipp
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OK, Bev. That worked, starting fresh with the address. Now I have bookmarked this page, and I'll let you know if I can get back in that way.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure it will work for me to "scatter" the Psalms through the day. The main reason I do my reading first thing is so I don't put it off until it is too late for that day. I did finish the first half my way, only having to catch up a few times, such as when we were away and my morning habits were disrupted. Maybe I'd better stick with my tried and true method. But I will try to take a little time to reflect on each Psalm, rather than jumping right into the next one, on days where there are multiples. It's not like the continuum of the other books we have been reading, and it is easy to forget the message, if I just keep on reading and the next one is very different.