Saturday, January 23, 2010

We are a third of the way through Psalms!!

Today's Psalm is 49 and the Sunday Psalms ate 50 and 51. that will take us through 1/3 of the Psalms.

Each morning as I read I think how amazing it is that nothing is new in this world. Not joy, not sorrow, not praise and rejoicing, not despair. All those things are represented in this Biblical book of poetry.

John Roberts is doing a Bible study each week following the years plan for reading the Bible together. His group is only on Psalm 22 so much have they had to discuss. They would welcome anyone who wishes to join them. They meet on and you do no have to go every week to appreciate the discussion. Speak to John if you are interested - or just show up. The coffee and tea water is always on.

I had the rare treat today of having time to sit and spend a couple of hours with the Bible.
I got up early, made a delicious breakfast and then went to my newly painted reading writing room with my old tattered soft cover, NIV version of The Good Book.

There are so many resources about the Psalms but I have decided to leave the study aspect to Pastor Ryan and John Roberts and I will focus here on my response to reading the Psalms each day.
I truly hope that as time goes on others of you will contribute you own responses and reflections.
If you are having trouble posting email me at bkipp@frontiernet.net and I will help you sort it out.

Happy reading.

Beverly Kipp
Health Ministry Coordinator

1 comment:

  1. A third of a way through? Oh, no! I have been thinking what a wonderful part of the Bible we are reading, and I don't want the Psalms to be done!

    Are any other readers reminded of the Bible Study Warren led on the Psalms? That was great, and helps me appreciate them as poetry and imagery, as well as prayers and praise.

    Evie Seils

    ReplyDelete